Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:45:20 -0500
From:      "JSMolinaro" <JSMolinaro@hotmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD" <questions@freeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   MS Win / BSD

I'm trying to get FreeBSD installed on my pc and I'm having trouble.  I've
got a dual boot with MS Windows 2000 Professional and Windows ME.  I also
got a partitioned disk, two hard drives with 2000 professional on one and
Win ME onl the other.

I've got the cd and I've tried booting from it, my pc bios supports that but
I cannot get anywhere when I boot up in DOS and try to run INSTALL from the
cd, only VIEW works but then I am at a loss of what to do b/c most of the
files are .TXT with a few exceptions that don't seem to get any installation
process started.

In addition, I have zipped the two files MFSROOT.FLP & KERN.FLP on floppies
but I am unsure on how to actually incorporate them into the boot process,
I've look at all the installation pages on the web site, I even have a
reference book to help but I am not understanding totally.

I'm sorry It gets difficult with no experience, 4cd's and a book to help.
Thank you for your patience w/ me.

Thank you,

J.S.M.