Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:02:49 +1100 (EST)
From:      Josh <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help programming I/O, a driver?

Hi all.
I have looked high and low (probably in the wrong place :-)
but I can not find anything to help me. I want to figure out
how to control I/O. I can start with the parallel port but
the I want to be able to do the same thing with a custom
card etc. I am refering to bit control of the port. I have
a ADC-DAC card for the parallel port that I have written for
under DOS but I would love to get it running under FreeBSD.

I understand that this is a bit more difficult under *nix
but it is possible. I am actually thinking I will have to
write it as a driver but I really have no idea how to do
that or indeed if that is the right thing to do.

Any advice will be appreciated.
TIA

Josh

E-Mail: Josh <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>