Date:      Sat, 09 Dec 95 13:59:42 EST
From:      jay@map.com (Roland Jay Roberts)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        blair@strech.cyber-naut.com
Subject:   Re: Too much swap?????

On Thu, 7 Dec 1995 19:31:17 -0700 you wrote:

>Is there such a thing as 'too much swap space'?  I am running FreeBSD 2.1 on 8 >megs of ram (yeah, I know, it sucks).  I was reading somewhere (don't know >where), that if you have too much swap space, it works against the system.

Not sure if this is true or not, but I've heard that the swapp
partition should be at least twice the size of physical RAM in the
machine.

8 Megs isn't bad if you're only doing text mode (which is how I'm
running FreeBSD), but for X - add more.

// Roland Jay Roberts  -  Team OS/2  -   |  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
// Internet: jay@map.com                 |       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
// FidoNet: Roland Roberts @ 1:321/305.5 |      '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)