Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 07:29:37 +0300
From:      kallio@jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio)
To:        dkelly@iquest.com (David Kelly)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ** Problem with direct emacs+Macintosh NCSA Telnet 2.6 **

>>Hi
>>
>>I have one node with FreeBSD 2.0 and one with SNAP-950412
>>
>>Both have same problem with emacs if I do telnet directly from my Macintos=
h:

>>1. In emacs C-c does not work. 2. When I return to emacs with fg after
>>Control-Z, emacs seems to be in line mode.
>
>In NCSA Telnet 2.6, go to the Edit:Preferences:Terminal dialog and
>disable ^C, ^S, and ^Q from the session Interupt, Stop, and Start.
>Just select these characters and hit the delete key. The problem is
>that these characters were not getting past NCSA Telnet.
>
>I don't have NCSA Telnet handy to verify what I say is exactly true,
>but I've had the same problem myself. One of the Preferences dialog
>boxes has 3 EditText items with ^C, ^S, and ^Q entered by default.
>Remove them and you'll be happy.

I am quite sure problem is NOT there. I have disabled "Interrup Process" =3D=
 ^C

And this should work same if I use directly the Unix box or indirectly
(agreed?).

And it does not explain why emacs is not in raw mode after fg. If I go back
to emacs I can see all control-characters and I have to push return before
emacs interpretes the commands.

Seppo