Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:15:17 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        Chris Falco <chrisfalco@hempseed.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Should I dump Windows 95 for Free BSD?

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Conrad Sabatier wrote:

> On 24-Oct-98 Chris Falco wrote:
[snip]
> > Do you
> > know of any forums where Free BSD is discussed that I might lurk about in for
> > a bit & see what's up?  Thanks in advance.  Cheers.

You might also want to check out #FreeBSD on Undernet and Efnet.

> Yes, the mailing lists, one of which you've obviously already discovered.  :-)
> Also, visit the web site (http://www.freebsd.org) and read, read, read!

Another idea might also be to stop by your local bookstore and see if
they have 'The Complete FreeBSD' by Greg Lehey.  You obviously won't
be able to read the whole thing, but skimming through it might give
you a better idea about the operating system before installing it.  If
you decide you're serious about trying it out, I'd definetly recommend
getting the book.

> By the way, please don't post HTML to the lists.  Thanks.

The NOSPAM in your email address also isn't a good idea when posting
to the mailing lists :-)

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	:
: Phear Networks		| web: http://www.phear.net/	:
: A franchise of Triax, Inc.	| -----------------------------	:
: Web Site Design & Hosting	| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: