Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2018 19:46:13 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: devmatch: Malformed NOMATCH string: '$'

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 6:32 PM, Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2018-Jun-30, at 4:21 PM, bob prohaska <fbsd at www.zefox.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 05:07:06PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> >> See UPDATING. I fixed this.
> >>
> > I'm halfway between chicken and egg at the moment and can't look yet.
> > Will it keep until I can checkout  a source tree? There may be quite
> > a few reboots in the meantime.
> >
> > . . .
>
> I think Warner L. was referring to ( I looked at UPDATING
> from head -r335812 but this entry is older ):
>
> 20180530:
>         The kernel / userland interface for devinfo changed, so you'll
>         need a new kernel and userland as a pair for it to work (rebuilding
>         lib/libdevinfo is all that's required). devinfo and devmatch will
>         not work, but everything else will when there's a mismatch.
>
> If I understand right, having devinfo and devmatch not working is
> not necessarily a status of being fundamentally broken overall.
> (Just less automatic?) But I've never had to deal with the messages.

No, I was referring to... Hmmm, doesn't seem to have been committed.

20180628:
        r335753 introduced a new quoting method. However,
etc/devd/devmatch.conf
        needed to be changed to work with it. This change was made with
r335763
        and requires a mergemaster / etcupdate / etc to update the
installed file.

Just pushed it. sorry for the confusion.

Warner