Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:04:32 -0400
From:      Paul Dlug <paul@nerdlabs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Naming Service Reccomendations

In the process of rolling our a group of workstations and servers it has
become quite apparent that we need a centralized way to manage accounts. On
our solaris boxes we're currently using NIS+ and planning to migrate to LDAP
within the next few weeks. I tested pam_ldap on fbsd only to discover that it
will authenticate off an ldap server but you still need an entry in the
password file. My goal is to be able to add an account and the hosts the user
is allowed to access in one central location. I'd also like to avoid taking a
step backward into NIS. Can someone reccomend a solution?

Thanks,
Paul