Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:00:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        craig@gnofn.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium II?

In lists.freebsd.hackers you write:

>The real issue is that the PII is untried, whereas FreeBSD systems
>on PPro hardware, like ftp.cdrom.com (which serves 2000 simultaneous
>ftp users) have been ticking along reliably for quite some time
>now.

I've been running a P-II/266 for months, overclocked at 300 even.  It works
flawlessly.  It blows the hell out of my PPro/233.  Hands Down, left right,
forwards, backwards, and inside out.  And I dont give a rip if its Slot 1,
Slot 3, socket 8, or a bunch of wires glued to a CPU.  I buy motherboards and
processors together, and I dont give a rip what the connection is.  I require
performance for my apps, and there's nothing on the planet that will
(currently) touch a P-II/300.

-Crh
--

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu