Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 19:15:40 -0400
From:      Blake Crosby <bcrosby@interlog.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing Free BSD

Hello!

        My name is Blake Crosby and I about to purchace Free BSD from you
CD-ROM Distributor (can't remember the name). But before I do, I would like
to ask some specific questions.

        Currently I am Running Win95 on a 486 DX2/66 with 8 MB of RAM, and a
14.4 bps modem. I know that this is not nearly enough power to successfully
maintain a server to the www. But when I signed up with my service provider
(Interlog [www.interlog.com]) they gave me my own static IP address
(205.206.70.59), and I dont want this to go to waste. The reason why I want
to get Free BSD now is because in the future I will be upgrading my bandwith
to atleast 500kbps.

        I am comfertable with adding and removing partitions but What I
would really like to know is if I am able to run Free BSD with win95, will
the Free BSD partition(s) interfere with the booting/operation of win95.
Here is the following file system on my computer:

        Drive           Comments