Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:49:23 +0200
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
Cc:        portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New spanish category

Jose M Rodriguez wrote:

> I'm trying to get an spanish category.

I guess we already agreed that a (virtual) spanish category should be
added.

> My original PR ports/67531 is quite outdated and now suspended.

Yup, the port shouldn't add `spanish' as the first category.

> Also, seems that a virtual branch before a real one is not so good idea.

Why? We use virtual categories whenever there are not enough ports to
justify the creation on a subdirectory.

> There are also coments from Clement that I can't safe solve.

See above.

> I think that the original idea is still valid:
>
>  - generate a minimal real category with actual strong maintained ports.

Could you give a list of those ports?

>  - after that, complete it with new ports/moves

Are there candidates?

> If this can't be take in a near future, I can also add new ports to the
> tree and make the move later.

As far as I can see, a virtual category would be the best solution.

> In any case, my original e-mail address is not valid now.  I can make a
> new PR if requested.

Just post a follow-up to your PR, and I can reopen it and change the
e-mail address.
-Oliver