Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:34:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Technical Director <trodat@ultratrends.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Darwin on FreeBSD

Hello everyone,

I have successfully installed Darwin on freebsd using the ports tree,
thank you nork@FreeBSD.org.

My question is in regards of the whole operation, has anyone successfully
got this application to operate behind a natd firewall running only
through port 80?

I believe I followed the installation and setup but have the following if
I try to connect through a natd/firewalled port 80:

Connection via browser with quicktime plugin brings up the quicktime
control (using the <embed> tags as described in the manual) and a
"Connecting" message. Then after a bit it outputs a "10060: Disconnected"
message.

Yet when I connect via a browser not through the natd/firewall port 80 it
works. Checking sockstat -c on the darwin server shows an active
connection on the 554 port from the quicktime client machine...

>From what I understood of the admin document:

Ports used to communicate with client: 554, 7070 TCP -or- 80 TCP
Ports used to send media through: 6970-6999 UDP, -or- 80 TCP
Ports server will stream through: 554 RTSP 7070 TCP -or- 80 TCP

I did use the MakeRefMovie (Win32 & Apple Only) application to create a
'reference' movie to the server. It still doesn't work.

Has anyone had success making Darwin use port 80 'only' for streaming
media out to the world from machines behind natd/firewall situations?
Or is the only option to open up 554 or 7070?

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Rob.