Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:41:43 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      "Alexey N. Dokuchaev" <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Colour manpages

Hello!

> Alexey N. Dokuchaev wrote:
>
> > Say I want to change the man colors when I read mans at the console.  More
> > precisely, I don't like that underlined text shows up as reversed (black
> > letter on while(grey,7) backround).  How (and where) do I need to say that
> > I want, say, yellow on black instead of reversed when displaying
> > underlined-supposed-to-be text.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> This is a function of your pager, rather than the "man" program, I

Sure, it's not the man program.  Moreover, I think it has nothing to do
with more or less.  These progs merely pass sequences to terminal saying
something like "start underlining here" and "end underlining here", same
thing with bold.  Thats why on cons25 it's different than on vt100,
provided that man, more, and less the same.

My guess would be browing thru /etc/termcap.  If I got no response from
you guys, that's probably is the place for me to start ;-)

./danfe