Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2013 22:53:08 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>
To:        Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VPN where local private address collide

On 16 August 2013 20:17, Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk> wrote:

> Let's say we're using MPD on FreeBSD at both ends of a link here, using a
> VPN to connect two LANs. (The use of MPD is negotiable).
>
> One LAN uses the address range 192.168.1.0/24 and the other uses the
> address range, er,  192.168.1.0/24. However hard you try to avoid this,
> it's going to happen. Let's also assume there is no way either end can
> change its range. NO WAY. Just don't go there.

Such a stupid statement. No private IP's are engraved in stone, esp a /24.
How many days does it take you to reconfigure the hosts to connect to the
shared resources - which is what I believe would make you say "there is no
way either end can change its range"? It's a /24 and shared resources can
be accessed by running an internal DNS server, for crying out loud!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,