Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:00:55 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Joerg Pulz <Joerg.Pulz@frm2.tum.de>
Cc:        ale@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Static php4-openssl extension needed was: Missing SSL support in core php4

--Ycz6tD7Th1CMF4v7

Hi Joerg,

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 07:54:55AM +0200, Joerg Pulz wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 08:15:40PM +0200, Michael Ranner wrote:
> > > ------------
> > > fsockopen() does not support SSL/TLS with shared OpenSSL extension. P=
HP
> > > 4.3.8 build from FreeBSD Ports with shared extenstions. Extension is
> > > loaded according phpinfo(). Squirrelmail and other applications cannot
> > > use fsockopen() with tls. I need to compile PHP4 with the static
> > > OpenSSL extension.
> >
> > I just ran into this exact same problem. What did you do to solve this?
> > I'm considering adding --with-openssl=3D${OPENSSLBASE} to the port.
> > Does this work? Thanks for any advice.
>=20
> the same problem here for me.
> attached is a small diff for lang/php4/Makefile.
> run 'make config' in lang/php4-extensions and make sure that the OPENSSL=
=20
> point is deselected/unchecked or if php4-openssl-... is already installed=
=20
> please deinstall it to avoid conflicts.

Thanks for the patch. I tried patching the port myself last night, and it
worked with --with-openssl=3D/usr but your patch is cleaner. I figured the
conflicting php4-openssl part out myself, by trial and error (crashing
httpd's aren't any fun).

> it works for me.

For me too.

> maybe it's a good idea to remove the OPENSSL option from=20
> lang/php4-extensions and build lang/php4 everytime with openssl or make i=
t=20
> an option there.

I totally agree.

--Stijn

--=20
Q: Why is Batman better than Bill Gates?
A: Batman was able to beat the Penguin.

--Ycz6tD7Th1CMF4v7

--Ycz6tD7Th1CMF4v7--