Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:46:07 -0500
From:      "Normand Leclerc" <leclercn@videotron.ca>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Serial console drops dead

I am having an annoying problem with my serial console.  After a while
(1 or 2 days) it drops dead.

I have configured flags 0x30 for sio0 on FreeBSD 4.5 on my PC164sx
computer.  The serial terminal is a computer that is not always turned
on.

I tried to reanimate the console with an init q command but nothing gets
to the terminal.  Anyone has this problem?  I didn't change anything in
the gettytab either.

Normand Leclerc
leclercn@videotron.ca