Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:57:08 +0100
From:      Matt <matt@xtaz.co.uk>
To:        marcus@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About that Freetype2 update

Various people said:

 > Everything here looks beautiful.  You're free to test your assumptions
 > above.  If the byte-code interpreter helps, I can always add that back
 > in as an option.
 >

 > i had the a problem with blur font display after upgrading
 > to the latest version. adding back bytecode solves it.
 >
 > here some screenshots with and without bytcode enabled:
 >
 > http://webonaut.com/temp/bytecode/
 >
 > franz.

Apologies for writing a new email and not including the old message ID
etc but I'm reading this news group via the web archive and not actual
email.

I would just like to say that I have also got the blurred fonts and so
it is a general problem. I uncommented the #define for the bytecode and
recompiled and then my fonts are back to normal.

So unless it is a bug I think we need an option in the port to use this.

Matt.