Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 01:12:59 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        alex@aspenworks.com, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 + ssl + flash

[ redirect from -isp --> -ports ]

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 12:00:18AM -0500, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:

> I had created such a port for the FreeBSD Apache Modualarization Project:
>
> http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/mod_apache13-1.tgz
>
> Unfortunately, it (apache13-base) won't be imported into the FreeBSD Ports Collection, as I received a few comments that it isn't
> needed.

The apache situation is out of hand. We have far too many different theories of
what is the right way, and none of them agree.

Scot's work has worked perfectly for me when I tried it on scratch machines, why
aren't we importing it and ditching the existing scheme?

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org