Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:13:12 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File fransfer from iPad to FreeBSD
References:  <20180216104703.555e9987.freebsd@edvax.de> <44df8585-9874-2614-590a-bea78f54caa4@kicp.uchicago.edu> <A5183971-4781-4463-98FB-73BE1062B105@kreme.com> <54570.108.68.161.195.1518893084.squirrel@cosmo.uchicago.edu> <20180218004656.6e2197d0@archlinux.localdomain> <30404453-D006-4F54-B9A9-2399CC3366FD@mac.com> <20180218074107.5f990050@archlinux.localdomain> <1518936616.888.4.camel@alice-dsl.net> <1518937284.888.12.camel@alice-dsl.net>

Send from the wrong account and it didn't came through the list.

I guess there is a difference between restoring the complete iPad apps
and user data and just the wish to restore user data for one app,
leaving the user data of all other apps untouched. This isn't an issue
when using *BSD or Linux, but seemingly impossible when using an iPad.
IOW the backup strategy of Apple is idiotic.

Btw. in the context of the replies, the way Polytropon used the term
"locked" is correct. The log in issue is something else. Btw. sharing
photos works without iTunes, when running Windows. If it should work
using *BSD or Linux software, than at least it becomes complicated for
all those, who manually mount from command line, instead of using GVFS
and similar crap.