Date:      Wed, 05 Jun 1996 19:29:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      JOHN <JSINNOTT@POMONA.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   31Dec69? - date for tcsh process

I noticed recently that an output of ps aux shows that my tcsh process has
a status of having been started on the 31 Dec 69, and this is always while
forking. (STAT = RV)  I'm assuming the date is due to the forking process, and
the clock has not been "synchronized" for that process?  I'm not the most
knowledgeable when it comes to Unix internals.  Will this happen with all
processes caught by ps aux whilst forking, or is it some peculiar tcsh quirk?
I'm assuming that the tcsh process is forking due to the call of ps?

Just curious,
John