Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:43:23 -0500
From:      Jesse Guardiani <jesse@wingnet.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: logitech cordless optical mouse problems...

Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> This mouse has a USB connection and PS/2 connection to the computer. The
> keyboard works but the mouse doesnt.
>
> I tried to use ums0 device and with moused I tried sysmouse device
> but none makes any effect in X.
>
> I have found from google that this mouse(or similar) works in netbsd.
> http://starling.us/gus_netbsd/gus_netbsd_logitech_cordless_optical_mouse.html
>
> The mouse I am talking about is working under windows and in many
> different flavors of Linux!
>
> Thanks, here is dmesg. Can there be a driver for this mouse that you guys
> forgot to import from netbsd or ? (as you can see that I have even
> recently cvsupped a 5.2-rc2 system but it still didnt solve the problem)

For the benefit of others looking to purchase a logitech wireless mouse, could
you please state the model of mouse you're working with?

I personally own a Logitech MX700 cordless (usb) optical mouse that works quite
well with 4.8-RELEASE, 5.1-RELEASE, and 5.2-RC1. My dmesg is similar to yours,
but the revision number is one point lower:

ums0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/16.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0: 7 buttons and Z dir.

Here's my `uname -a`:

% uname -a
FreeBSD trevarthan.int.wingnet.net 5.2-RC1 FreeBSD 5.2-RC1 #0: Tue Dec 23 11:17:47 EST 2003     jesse@trevarthan.int.wingnet.net:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/TREVARTHAN  i386

Also, out of curiosity, what does your `usbdevs -vd` say? Here's the relevent
snippet from mine:

Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
  uhub1
 port 1 addr 2: low speed, power 50 mA, config 1, USB Receiver(0xc506), Logitech(0x046d), rev 16.00
   ums0
 port 2 powered

And, have you tried the mouse with previous versions of FreeBSD? 5.2-RC1? 5.2-RC2?
5.1-RELEASE? 4.x?

When was your -CURRENT cvsuped? I see quite a few commits to USB related files in the last
few weeks. It would probably be helpful to know if the mouse ever worked with a -RELEASE
or -RC* version of FreeBSD for a baseline.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,