Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2013 03:08:16 +0200
From:      cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
To:        Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
Cc:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse Trails?

On 08/17/13 18:14, Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 17:31:26 +0200, Polytropon wrote:
>
>> If LXDE uses an ugly white mouse cursor, try changing it to black (the
>> normal color for mouse cursors on all serious GUI systems). The
>> classical way of solving the "where is the mouse cursor" problem is to
>> install xeyes. :-)
>
> I am reluctant to install Compiz, but xeyes looks to be just the ticket!

Good ole Xeyes... ;-) But beware, xeyes crashes X server right now! Using

xeyes-1.1.1
xorg-server-1.7.7_8,1

on
FreeBSD 9.2-PRERELEASE #0 r253323 Sat Jul 13 21:00:32 CEST 2013 amd64

I'm not the only one who's got X server crashes with xeyes:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2012-May/011833.html

@Polytropon: what version of xeyes/xorg-server are you using?

-cpghost.

--