Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2013 08:52:03 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Juris Kaminskis <juris.kaminskis@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failure to build FreeBSD 9.2

On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 09:40:31 +0300, Juris Kaminskis wrote:
> i recompiled my kernel with more verbose output and I see following errors
> before it stops:
>
> procfs registered
> panic: No usable event timer found!
> cpuid=0
> KDB: stack backtrace:
> db_trace_self_wrapper() at db_trace_self_wrapper+0x2a ....
> panic() at panic+0x1d8/frame ....
> initclocks() ....
> mi_startup() ....
> btext() ...
> KDB: enter: panic
> [thread pid 0 tid 100000]
> Stopped at kdb_enter+0x3b: moxq
>
> can someone help me to explain what this means and what to do next?

In many cases, this indicates a problem introduced by the
computer's BIOS settings or ACPI. Make sure ACPI is enabled
and the BIOS is configured properly (e. g. no timer settings
modified or features deactivated). You could also check if
a newer version of the BIOS is available.

In addition, there's the suggestion to add the line

	debug.acpi.disabled="hostres"

to /boot/loader.conf and reboot.

Source: http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.0R/errata.html

--