Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:01:32 -0500
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sar on FreeBSD

Terry Lambert wrote:

> Matthew Emmerton wrote:
> > > Compile up the real sar.  SCO released the sources a year
> > > or two back, now.
> >
> > If that's the case, then where are they?  The only publicly available SCO
> > sources I've been able to find are those for csope (which is hosted at
> > SourceForge.)
>
> I downloaded them.  I have them on tape... somewhere.

Did you look at Sourceforge ? The other stuff was published there.
In any case, I'll ask about it on Monday (I hope I won't forget
about it).

> The cscope code was released by Lucent, not SCO.

I think it was SCO/Caldera.

> > http://www.sco.com/opensource doesn't exist anymore, now that Caldera owns
> > SCO, and a search for "opensource" and "open source" on Caldera's web site
> > only brings up hits on OpenLinux and the opensource packages that are
> > included with it.
>
> Yes, it's incredibly hard to find anything any more, now that
> Caldera has taken over.  Hopefully, it's just "growing pains";
> see my other posting.

The story is that Caldera did not buy SCO: it bought only the
OS-related part of it and the rest of SCO has renamed itself
to Tarantella. The sco.com domain is owned and run by Tarantella
(though the SCO trademark is somehow jointly owned but I guess
it only means that www.sco.com contains a link to Caldera's
page) and recently they've completed the IS split and wiped out
whatever was left on the Tarantella-owned servers.

-SB