Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:22:40 +0200
From:      Angelo Turetta <aturetta@commit.it>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd64 cannot boot on ASUS M2N-E

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 12:55:15PM +0200, Angelo Turetta wrote:
>>Trying to boot the latest snapshot 6.1-STABLE-200608-amd64, the kernel
>>probes most peripherals (the Marvel gigabit-ethernet is not detected,
>>but that's a known item), but just after reporting acd0 it hangs solid
>>with the IDE led on. No panic, nor errors.
>>
>>7.0-CURRENT-200608-amd64 boots fine (no Marvel gbit, of course).
>>
>>What should I try next?
>>

> You need ata-chipset.c from -CURRENT, or wait for fix to be merged.

Ruslan,

Thanks for hint, but it didn't work. I built a custom 6.1-STABLE
snapshot using sys/sys/ata.h and sys/dev/ata/* from HEAD, but the
problem is not solved. It hangs after detecting the CD-ROM and before
the HDs.

Too bad the installer for CURRENT snapshot is broken: I've to find a way
to install by hand.

Angelo.