Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2011 12:20:01 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Niclas Zeising <niclas.zeising@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/162343: typo in kdc(8) man page

On 11/07/2011 01:40, Niclas Zeising wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR docs/162343; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Niclas Zeising <niclas.zeising@gmail.com>
> To: Robert Simmons <rsimmons0@gmail.com>
> Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: docs/162343: typo in kdc(8) man page
> Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 10:39:53 +0100
>
>  The kdc.8 manual page is contributed code, as far as I know the policy
>  is not to change those manual pages, since it makes it troublesome to
>  merge vendor code.

Not any more. In the svn world we have 2 distinct versions of 3rd party
code, the version in $REPO/vendor and the version in src/contrib. The
first is a pristine version, the second is "ours" to do with what we
will. Subversion handles local changes in contrib/ much better than cvs
did, and so there is no reason not to make relevant updates there while
we wait for the patches to be absorbed upstream.

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."