Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 02:42:02 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yasuhito FUTATSUKI <futatuki@debug.gr.jp>
To:        logix@foobar.franken.de
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libparanoia (Re: duplicating a cd)

In article <20000305125248.A21889@foobar.franken.de>
logix@foobar.franken.de writes:

> How fast does your drive read audio tracks?  Mine is currently
> reading at about 5x speed, is that normal?  It reads data tracks
> at about 20x speed (which still is not too fast, considering that
> it is sold as a 40x drive).

My drive is 12x speed for reading data on catalog spec, about 6x speed
for reading CD-DA by using tosha, about 3x speed by using cdrdao.
I think that is normal, becase it seems that those programs read
more than once per sector. (more over, it seems that my drive perform
error retry on farmware level)

Regards,
Yasuhito