Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:30:48 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        pmoyer@hyperon.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with Xircom half resolved

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 10:49:03PM -0400, Philip R. Moyer wrote:

> A couple of days ago I asked for assistance with the Xircom
> Realport 10/100 + 56 Modem.  With a few tips from the list, I got
> the system to recognize the ethernet device and config the xe1
> interface properly.  Now, however, the modem side has stopped
> working.  How do I get the system to recognize/use the modem side
> also?  Or is it just using a device other than /dev/cuaa4, which
> is what it used to use?

AFAIK - and I'm way out of touch just now, so I'm happy to be corrected -
multifunction cards aren't supported in 4.x, in that you can only use one
function at a time.  It's a problem with the basic pccard support rather
than any particular card drivers.

Things may be different in -CURRENT though.

	Scott