Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:18:18 -0400
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        mitja@hermes.si, rse@engelschall.com
Subject:   Re: makecontext() & friends ?

[ Moved to -current ]

Mitja Horvat wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> > I have implemented {make,get,set,swap}context as library routines
> > for FreeBSD.  They're gathering dust somewhere and need a bit of
> > polishing.  If you give me some time I can dust them off and
> > send them to you.
>
> I would really appreciate if I could get my hands on this code.
> Could you please specify a link, or if you prefer you can send the
> tarball as an attachment to mitja@hermes.si.

I've had a couple of requests for this in the past also.  I've
placed library versions of {make,get,set,swap}context() at:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/context/libc.diffs
  http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/context/sys.diffs

Also included are _getcontext() and _setcontext() which do not
save and restore the signal mask.

The alpha bits are included, but are uncompiled and untested.

There are changes to <sys/ucontext.h> which are needed to build
libc, so you have to either hand patch /usr/include/sys/ucontext.h
or install the include files after applying sys.diffs.

Feedback and comments welcome, especially to the alpha bits.

--
Dan Eischen