Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 2010 05:26:13 +0100
From:      "Kruppa, Peter Ulrich" <pukruppa@googlemail.com>
To:        Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

On 11.03.2010 14:44, Martin Wilke wrote:

> Call for Testing Xorg 7.5
>
> Howdy!
>
> We're happy to announce that Xorg 7.5 is ready
> for public testing.
>
> The ATI and Intel drivers were patched to work with
> the new server, please report any problems to us!
> The drivers for Vesa, NV and NVIDIA have been tested
> thoroughfully and seem to work fine.
>
> A note to FreeBSD 6.X users: Unfortunately you'll have
> to compile gcc 4.2+ first because the X.org Team doesn't
> support gcc 3.X longer, We're strongly recommand you to
> update your System to 7.X or above.
>
> Please take a look on our Wikipage. There you can find
> the svn repo to checkout X.org ports.
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/ModularXorg/7.5
>
> A small merge script to merge the svn checkout into the real
> portstree could be found here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge
>
> The script is a modified version of the kdemerge script.
> Please set the KDEDIR variable to the path of your X.org
> ports.
>
> After merging please try
>
> portupgrade -af \*
> portmaster -af
>
> Please report any problems and issus to x11 (at) FreeBSD.org.
>
> Thanks to beat@, rnoland@, fluffy@ for their help.
>
> Happy Updating!

Took me some time to update all 990 ports, but everything went well.
xorg 7.5 is up and running and no problems with gnome (experimental
2.29) or any graphical apps.

This success-story plays on FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE amd64 and I am using
"radeon" driver.

Again: Thanks to everyone for their great work.

Greetings

Uli.