Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:06:26 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, blackfriar <blackfriar@inhio.eu>
Subject:   Re: NFS within a Jail?!

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> Dealing with this has been SOP practice in jails since their inception.
>>  See man 8 jail.  The best way to run the NFS server is from the jail.
>>  Running it host side is the hard part.
>>

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/**query-pr.cgi?pr=133265<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=133265>;
> The jail code maintainer says NFS server/client will not work jailed. So
> since you say this is SOP (standard operation procedure) then why is there
> no documentation available on how to do it? All the Google hits for "NFS
> running from Freebsd jail" end with no one got it to work. Have you done
> this? Do you have a procedure to post or know of a posted procedure giving
> step-by-step sequence to get NFS running in a jail with or without
> VIMAGE/VNET for Release 8.x or 9.x versions?

That PR is about mounting a fs in a jail, specifically one proved by NFS.
 What does that have to do with the OP's question?  It's quite clear you
didn't read the full thing.

> Still doesn't change the FACT it's experimental!

Which is your sole reason for poo=pooing it?  Are you talking about the
arbitrary line between experimental and production?  I wonder how a piece
of functionality transitions from experimental to production...is it
possible we get there by promoting mindshare of the new piece instead of
FUD?

--
Adam Vande More