Date:      Sat, 5 May 2012 13:26:27 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
Cc:        "arm@freebsd.org" <arm@freebsd.org>, Alan Cox <alc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Review needed

On May 5, 2012, at 12:10 PM, John-Mark Gurney wrote:

> Warner Losh wrote this message on Sat, May 05, 2012 at 00:45 -0600:
>> I just tried to bring up an old Gateworks AVILA board that I'd =
acquired a long time ago....
>=20
> Hmm... weird...  Late last year I brought my AVILA board back up on
> 9.0-RC1 and since I decided to try to boot from CF, I did have to
> update sys/boot/arm/ixp425/boot2/boot2.c to support the new ada =
devices
> instead of the old ad...  but that's the only major change I made...

This is with the G2348 config file.  Maybe that's the difference...

>> After fighting through a few bugs in the nanobsd build, I managed to =
get an image.
>>=20
>> That image failed to boot.  When it harvested entropy, it just =
started printing pmap_mincore() over and over again until I hit ^T =
enough to let the rest of the boot process continue.  Sure enough, arm's =
pmap_mincore() returns 0 after printing this.
>>=20
>> So, I cobbled together the following after looking at mips and =
amd64's pmap_mincore() functions.
>>=20
>> I've just cut and pasted it here since I think that might be easier =
to review than a diff, but I've also uploaded that as well to =
http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/arm-pmap_mincore.diff
>>=20
>> Comments?
>=20
> Must be a head only thing...

No, it was a nanobsd-built stable/9 from yesterday

Warner