Date:      Thu, 02 Feb 1995 14:53:12 +0100
From:      Andras Olah <olah@cs.utwente.nl>
To:        "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@netvision.net.il>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Debugging networking code

On Thu, 02 Feb 1995 14:39:37 +0700, "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" wrote:
> May be the new thing i writing now can be handy here?
> This is some kind of /dev/ip which allows you selectively get
> packets from net.

I use bpf for similar things.  How much does your ip device differ
from bpf?

What I really want is some sort of simple mechanism to put probes
into my code (only during debugging, so it's not normally part of
the kernel) and save the output (e.g., probe id, timestamp, probed
var) for post processing.  I've done this so far in the primitive
way with printf/tcp_debug and syslog but I'd like to have something
more efficient (low overhead, accurate timestamps).

> --
> -=Ugen J.S.Antsilevich=-

Andras