Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2018 22:43:37 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fwd: CMake and python in ceph

Hi,

Just tried building Ceph with the new Cmake 3.13.1, but that does not
work because
in contrast to past builds it now requires a fixed boost_python version:

# Note that Boost Python components require a Python version suffix
# (Boost 1.67 and later), e.g. ``python36`` or ``python27`` for the
# versions built against Python 3.6 and 2.7, respectively.  This also
# applies to additional components using Python including
# ``mpi_python`` and ``numpy``.  Earlier Boost releases may use
# distribution-specific suffixes such as ``2``, ``3`` or ``2.7``.
# These may also be used as suffixes, but note that they are not
# portable.

So how does that work with all the attempts in ports to build python
version agnostic?

The catch is that I cannot get Ceph to build unless I select a ceph version
for the build. But I'm expecting that I'll fail once I get to poudriere.
(Have not tried that)

So what is the smart way out of this?

--WjW