Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 23:19:01 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uh oh.. Time to take another look at the packages collection!

> Why not split the packages into several groups roughly as follows;

Perhaps I should clarify my earlier message: I'm not seeking where to
draw the lines, I'm seeking *how* to draw the lines.  It's all well
and good to say "split 'em into ports with the letter 'r' in their
names and ones without" but that still leaves the question open as to
how we're going to automate this and what the end-user impact is going
to be.  Let's say I'm installing with my media type set to FTP, and my
site has plenty of space and a single packages/INDEX file.  That's the
simple case, but what about when the packages are split across 2 CDs?
Is each package collection stand-alone or do we implement some sort
of "TOC" mechanism that lets INDEX file entries point elsewhere?
Neither of the above?

					Jordan