Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:09:59 -0400
From:      Mike Hernandez <sequethin@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   stream + record audio simultaneously (jack?)

In my quest to remove windows from my machine I am working on a list
of "stuff I can do with windows that I can't figure out how to do with
*nix". The item I'm up to now is simultaneous streaming and recording
of audio from my line-in. I can use audacity to record, and stream
with the shoutcast server + darkice, but I can't stream and record at
the same time.

I've done some research and it looks like I may be able to accomplish
this using Jack. So far I've also found some good news: jack and
darkice are already ports, and darkice can use jack... and audacity's
homepage says it can be compiled with jack support as too... but the
good news seems to end there.

If anyone knows of a way to stream & record simultaneousy with freebsd
(with jack or by any other means) please let me know... thanks!

Mike