Date:      Wed, 7 May 2003 07:25:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dave jones <davemjones13@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: wireless question

Justin

[this does contain a tidbit of information directly related to your
question... but a good part is for the general audience]

--- Justin Nichols <decypher13@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> this is probably the epitomy newbie ignorance, but i was just
> wondering
> if i could get wireless kernel support out of the retail distribution
> of
> 4.6 stable.  I didn't see it as a kernel config option the couple of
> times i did it. sadly all i need is a yes or no, but anymore info
> would
> be good (though i don't know what else would help me).

Someone else already answered yes, but I have a newbie tip I just
relearned the hard way.

I was having a hard time finding out which wifi cards are supported by
fbsd.    I looked around for some time, reading lots of good stuff, but
never quite sure which cards worked with the wi driver.

Doooh!  man wi gives a list of cards.  You might want to try looking at
it or the other wireless drivers (an, ray, awi,?)

I guess the moral is to try to go straight to the source.  Sometimes I
have a hard time with man pages, but usually if I do not look at them,
they contain exactly what I wanted to find.

good luck!
dave