Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:58:15 -0400
From:      David Kleiner <kleiner@panix.com>
To:        "Fischer, Oliver" <plexus@snafu.de>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd test matrix

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:03:21PM +0200, Fischer, Oliver wrote:
> Mike Hoskins wrote:
> >Hmm, I wonder if something similar is used or was developed for internal
> >QA?  Anyone?  It seems like there should at least be a "best practice" for
> >testing systems...  How do we currently make a -RELEASE with confidence?
> >Of course you can't verify a given release builds on every platform, but
> >is there an automated means of verifying system compoents work and
> >interoperate properly on a given test system or set of systems?
>

> http://martinfowler.com/articles/continuousIntegration.html

Hi,

In a commercial world, there is a lot of pre-integration QA testing going on -
question is, where do you start?  What test harness you want to use?  Which
test suites?  Are you interested in standards (posix and such), ABI,
stress testing, library testing, fs testing, interoperability and so on?

Just my 2 cents,

David