Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 2015 09:04:59 -0600
From:      Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BeagleBone self-built 10-STABLE hangs, segfaults

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 11:27:48PM +0300, Andrey Fesenko wrote:
> > I've seen those unknown attribute warnings before, I don't think
> > they're anything to worry about.  I haven't tried running a self-hosted
> > build on any armv6 for a long time, it's possible there's something
> > ugly like a code-generation bug that happens when running native but
> > not on a cross build.  Things like that are pretty rare, though.
> >

> Confirm both Rpi and bb "Segmentation fault", i'm build with crochet
> and CURRENT-r289459 (builded 289522)
>
> last lines sh -x crochet
> + _DTBINTERMEDIATEDIR=/usr/obj/fdt/fdt.kUEP6Z
> + _DTSIN=/usr/src/sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm/beaglebone.dts
> + _DTBINTERMEDIATE=/usr/obj/fdt/fdt.kUEP6Z
> + echo /usr/src/sys/tools/fdt/make_dtb.sh /usr/src/sys
> /usr/src/sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm/beaglebone.dts /usr/obj/fdt/fdt.kUEP6Z
> + cd /usr/src
> + make 'TARGET_ARCH=armv6' buildenv
> + _DTSOUT=bbone.dts
> + dtc -I dtb -O dts /usr/obj/fdt/fdt.kUEP6Z/beaglebone.dtb
> Segmentation fault
> root@des:/usr/src # pkg info | grep eabi
> arm-none-eabi-binutils-2.25.1  GNU binutils for bare metal arm cross-development
> arm-none-eabi-gcc492-4.9.2_1   GNU Compiler Collection for bare metal
> arm cross-development

Does this happen at the same place very time?

My problems on 10-STABLE seem to happen at random, as if it were bad RAM. In
successive builds of the 'pkg' port, for example, I get different results each
time: a segmentation fault during 'configure', then no errors, then a syntax
error in some file, then a segmentation fault during 'cc' of something small,
then no errors.

I didn't see any such weirdness before the native build, though.

How can I diagnose this further?