Date:      25 Aug 1998 09:45:07 +0200
From:      sperber@Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't get D-Link 650 Ethernet to work on 2.2.7

I have a D-Link 650 PCMCIA Ethernet card, which I currently have
running on 2.2.2 + PAO, where it has been working great.  (Kudos to
the PAO folks!)

Now I want to upgrade to 2.2.7, installing off the network, which does
not have a PAO boot floppy yet.  Therefore, I've been trying to get
the vanilla ed0 driver to work with it.

Even though D-Link claims their baby is NE2000-compatible, I can't get
FreeBSD to recognize it.  ("ed0 not found" blabla.)

I've used kernel config to set the ed0 parameters to what the D-Link
diagnostics program tells me they are, I've used the D-Link
diagnostics to set the D-Link 650 parameters to the kernel defaults,
I've used "-1" values in the kernel config for the IRQ, and for both
I/O and IRQ, all to no avail.

The ze0 and zp0 drivers *tell* me that a D-650 card is installed, but
of course they refuse to operate it.

Has anyone had better luck?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike