Date:      Sat, 19 May 2007 22:44:48 -0700
From:      Norbert Papke <fbsd-ml@scrapper.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acd0: FAILURE - INQUIRY ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00

On May 19, 2007, Joe Altman wrote:
> On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 05:03:31PM -0700, Norbert Papke wrote:
> > Living on the edge :), I updated atapi-cam.c to 1.42.2.5 anyway.  Other
> > than the "ILLEGAL REQUEST" error on boot, I am not experiencing any
> > problems.  I have successfully copied a data CD using K3B.  But then, I
> > may not be testing the right thing.  Is there a specific operation that
> > you are having problems with?
>
> Buh...then I just don't know. Can you play a music CD?  For me, Grip
> and XMMS act as if no audio CD is in the tray.

I have just ripped a CD using Grip.  It worked fine.  Subjectively, it seemed
faster than before (not sure if this makes any sense).  I noticed the
following error repeated once for every track ripped:

acd0: FAILURE - unknown CMD (0x03) ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x20 ascq=0x00

I didn't try xmms, I don't have it installed.

> I can mount a data CD, unmount it, and then the tray will not open. I
> suspect a reboot will be required to open it.

I have had no problems with opening the tray.