Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 19:44:56 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Noel V.Balansag <pongkee@fibertel.com.ar>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: filetype for video cds

Noel V.Balansag <pongkee@fibertel.com.ar> types:
> i would like to watch vcds on my 4.4-stable box, but the problem is that i
> don't know what filesystem type to pass on to mount, could anyone please help
> me on this? or is this not supported??

VCD doesn't have a file system on it. It has multiple tracks like an
audio CD, except some of them have video on them. You have to rip the
tracks and feed them to an appropriate player.

If you want details, check the archives. I believe it's in the
-multimedia list, but it might be -hackers or -stable.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.