Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:02:11 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fontconfig-2.1.92 considered harmful

--Boundary-02=_WCwk+0rrpQdICrw

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 15:56, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 03:53:52PM +0200, CARTER Anthony wrote:
> > Is the problem during xclock execution or xclock compilation?
>
> At runtime.  When I run xclock under truss(1), it shows the
> paths to the fonts, and never stops doing it, eventually
> eating all memory and being killed by kernel.

I remember someone telling about those exact symptoms on IRC... after the l=
ast=20
updates to Xft _before_ the updates you suspect of causing trouble. He=20
eventually got rid of it by some furious recompiling of XFree & friends, bu=
t=20
we never got a fix on what really broke. FWIW ...

=2D-=20
Regards,
	Michael Nottebrock