Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:17:49 -0600
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        molnarcs@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: learning about building ports - please help

On 2/9/07, Csaba Molnar <molnarcs@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The CONFIGURE_ENV sets the CPPFLAGS and the LDFLAGS that are passed to
> > the configure script.  The variable PTHREAD_LIBS has a value of
> > -pthread, which should solve your problem with libkdefx.la.
> >
> > Scot
> > --
> > DISCLAIMER:
> > No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.
>
> Thanks, that seems to have solved the issue with libkdefx.la.
>
> Now I ran portlint, fixed whitespace issues, but there is one remaining issue:
>
> WARN: Makefile: Consider adding support for a WITHOUT_NLS knob to
> conditionally disable gettext support.

Portlint wants you to add the following to the port:

.if !defined(WITHOUT_NLS)
USE_GETTEXT=    yes
PLIST_SUB+=     NLS=""
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--disable-nls
PLIST_SUB+=     NLS="@comment "
.endif

Then modify the pkg-plist:

%%NLS%%share/locale/ca_ES/LC_MESSAGES/aquamarine.mo
:
%%NLS%%share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/aquamarine.mo

Also remove all of the @dirrmtry share/locale*, and only add the ones
that are missing from /etc/mtree/BSD.local.mk.

%%NLS%%@dirrmtry share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES