Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:02:45 -0700
From:      John Scharles <johns@cruz.isle.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing 2.1.5 from my ftp site

I have 2.1.5R running on a network and would like to use its CD ROM drive to
allow other machines on the network to install from it. When I tried to ftp
from the install floppy it tells me that it can't find the files.

How should I set up the file structure on my FreeBSD machine....I tried
linking the /cdrom/dists directory into the ftp directory as 2.1.5-RELEASE
but this didn't make it! Is there anything special I need to do to allow
anonymous ftp to the cd drive?

TIA
John Scharles