Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:35:42 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   `Serial connectivity' with something other than sio*?

Hi guys,
	With more motherboard vendors venturing away from RS232 serial ports
to firewire, I was wondering if anyone has ever configured either a
firewire or usb to serial / usb adapter between two machines to
emulate a serial console. This is a question I'd like to get an answer
to so I can start working on a means to indirectly access boxes for
the FreeBSD project to avoid the kludginess of manually testing
things, or at least manually power cycling devices and booting
targets, whenever possible. The chapter I'm referring to in the
handbook is: <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html
 >.
Thanks!
-Garrett