Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 10:57:37 -0700
From:      Woody Carey <carey@roguewave.com>
To:        "'Rivendell'" <pcx@letterbox.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: not able to install thru a dos partiton (3.1-Release)

This does not have to do with your immediate problem, but may be useful
you and others on the list.  From listening to the problems and
solutions
of the gentlemen on the beowulf mailing list, I have come to the
understanding that overclocking is risky, and when it does cause
problems, it causes very hard-to-track-down problems.  Time and time
again I watched as someone wrote:
"I have been having [network | reboot | disk i/o | ...] problems", try
everything they could think of for a week, and then someone asked: "Are
the machines o/c'ed?"
Voila!  Problem solved.  Moral:  Overclocking can cause hard-to-track
problems.

[snip]