Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2006 17:03:36 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        G?bor K?vesd?n <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS-UP: DESTDIR support committed to Mk/

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 06:08:09PM +0200, G?bor K?vesd?n wrote:
> I am pleased to announce, that portmgr committed my patch for ports
> infrastructure DESTDIR support today. Note that this support is only for
> the infrastructure, ports may or may not respect the DESTDIR macro, so

Having read the wiki, please let me ask a couple of questions to
make sure there is consensus on what needs to be done to make all
ports DESTDIR happy.

- All ports Makefiles should be checked for installs into PREFIX,
  and replaced by TARGETDIR (or DESTDIR/PREFIX)

- All Makefiles in the workdir should install the DESTDIR/PREFIX,
  so their configure options should be... --prefix? Not really,
  because the datafiles of the program itself are to be found at
  PREFIX, not DESTDIR/PREFIX. Any idea how to resolve this?

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/