Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 22:04:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        mb@imp.ch
Subject:   Re: Dump(8) hosed on CURRENT

Martin Blapp wrote:

> > > dump -C 32 -a0f dumpfile /usr
> >
> > Shouldn't you use -L when dumping live filesystems, especially with
> > such a big cachesize?
>
> Yes, I'm using -L too altough I'm in single user mode. I forgot it on
> the line.
>
> Heh, of course -L may be broken. Didn't thought that before.

I now did a test with dump -L on a live filesystem, and I've seen the
"file expected but not found" error, too. There's obviously something
broken, we should check if it's related to -L or if it happens always.

regards,
le

--=20
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universit=E4t Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/