Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 23:03:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Bret Ford <bford@uop.cs.uop.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3C597 fast ethernet support

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Bret Ford wrote:
> I've got a 100Mbit 3COM EISA ethernet interface.  Here are the particulars:
>
> vx0: <3Com 3C597-TX Network Adapter> at 0x5000-0x501f, 0x5c80-0x5c89
> vx0: irq 12 (edge) on eisa0 slot 5
>
> I've been running it for a while now at 10Mbit.  From what I can
> gather, the vx driver doesn't support fast ethernet.  I'd be happy to
> lend the card to anyone interested in working on it.  The reward would
> be my gratitude and money for your favorite pizza and beverages!  :-)
> Any interest?

I've actually been keeping an eye open for one of those but haven't
managed to grab one yet.  I've intended on getting one and fiddling with
it but currently have no time.  If you find one for $10 or less grab it
and I'll pay cost plus shipping.  If its on my shelf I'll likely look at
it at some point.

I've got code for the Compaq NetFlex 3/E that gloms on to Bill's
Thunderland driver that I've not managed to get working correctly yet.
This card also supports 100 meg mode.  (Damn Compaq for not having doc
available.)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |