Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 18:09:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CPU question (%ages)

Hi...

	I'm running xperfmon++ over here to watch the systems, and am
a little confused.  Its reporting stuff like 21% for user, 44% for
System and 90% idle...

	I realize that what its reporting is the peaks, and not what it is
currently at, but how accurate is this?

	What exactly is 'System'?  Is that mainly kernel functions?  root
processes?  And User?

	Just trying to get a full understanding of how exactly I should be
interpreting these stats...

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc